Commissioned by the Electricity and Water Authority (EWA), ESB International is completing power system studies on the EWA transmission network.
Our shared ambition is to achieve optimal utilisation of its existing and new assets to meet future demand whilst ensuring a safe and reliable power system.
Identify areas of most significant impact of transmission network investment to allow EWA to meet projected load growth, guaranteeing long-term system and asset integrity.
Planning network expansion projects necessary to reliably support year on year forecasted load growth projections. Use of modern software for steady-state and transient stability studies and contingency analysis from 2015 to 2020.
What we delivered
The following power system studies were undertaken:
- Load Flow Studies
- Reactive Power Compensation Studies
- Short Circuit Studies
- System Stability Studies
- Transient Voltage Studies
- Protection Studies
- Identified new network arrangements keeping short-circuit levels within equipment ratings.
- Minimised operational limitations while reliably supporting the increased load.
- Incorporated a new 400 kV backbone into the transmission system.
Related Case Studies
Transmission Substation Development Kulim Hi-Tech ParkTransmission & Distribution Read Case Study
More About Us
One Dublin Airport Central,
Dublin Airport Cloghran,
Building 655 Road 3614,
2nd Floor, Holiday Inn Al,
Mazoon Street South Al,
Mawaleh, Muscat P.O. Box,
P.C 118 Sultanate of Oman