Environmental Management System
As part of our commitment to corporate environmental responsibility, ESB International's environmental management group, with representatives from all business areas, developed an environmental policy statement which forms the basis of the development and implementation of our environmental management system.
The policy is a public statement of intent in which we set out our own standards and expectations in terms of managing the impact of our business activities on the environment.
Environmental Policy Statement
At ESB International we strive to achieve excellence in all our endeavours and we recognise that our business activities interact with and may have an impact on the environment.
Our objectives are to adhere to the principles set out in ESB group environment policy in our operational businesses and to deliver "best practice" solutions to customers while minimising our effects on the environment.
Our commitments are to:
- Maintain a high level of expertise in environmental engineering and environmental science in our capacity as "centre of engineering" for ESB group;
- Identify the environmental issues associated with our core activities and manage them appropriately;
- Set challenging internal targets and objectives in order to promote efficient use of resources;
- Review our performance regularly against those targets and take appropriate and timely action where necessary;
- Prevent pollution and conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Communicate this policy to our staff, suppliers, contractors, partners and customers, with the aim of ensuring increased awareness and encouraging environmentally sustainable behaviour;
- Comply with the statutory and regulatory environmental requirements pertaining to our business operations.
We underline our intent to deliver on these commitments by continually improving our environmental management system, in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2004.