ESB International contracted with the Oman Power and Water Procurement (OPWP) to supervise the execution phase of Oman’s highly efficient Power Plants; Ibri and Sohar independent power producers (IPP’s).
High efficiency F Class CCGT projects are key to providing firm and flexible generation in Oman’s future low-carbon energy systems. These two projects involved ACWA Power as the main Developer with SEPCOIII as the main EPC Contractor. OPWP required a competent consultant to supervise these projects and ensure compliance with the Power Purchase Agreement.
ESB International entered into a consultancy Contract with OPWP to provide Supervisory and Advisory services during the execution phases of two Power Plants, Ibri & Sohar IPPs. ESB International continue to provide advisory services post Commercial Operation to OPWP in relation to performance and claims management.
Ibri & Sohar IPP’s are Dual Fuel (gas & backup fuel oil) plants, each power plant consists of two blocks each with two GE/Ansaldo GT26 F Class Gas Turbines and one GE/Ansaldo STF30C Steam Turbine in 2:2:1.
The Ibri IPP capacity is rated at 1,509 MW/1,419 MW and the Sohar IPP capacity is rated at 1,710 MW/1,499 MW.
- Supervision of compliance with the Power Purchase Agreement and Minimum Functional Specifications
- Compliance with Omani Standards, International Standards and Best Practice
- Provided Project Progress Reporting and Delay Risk Mitigation
- Assisted in facilitating coordination with LTSO / Gas Company
- Identification and pro-active management of potential Buyer’s Risk Events
- Agreed and witnessed plant acceptance tests