ESB International won an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contract with ElectroGas Malta (EGM) to operate and maintain the 215 MW Delimara 4 plant over its initial 6.5 years of operation. This independent power producer is the first in Malta.
To establish the efficient operation of the first gas-fired power plant in Malta, leading to a significant reduction in Malta’s emissions to the atmosphere.
Working in tandem with a Liquefied Natural Gas and Regasification Plant floating storage unit to utilise liquid natural gas to provide highly efficient, reliable and cleaner energy into the Maltese network.
- Successful mobilisation, punctual take-over and reliable, efficient operation.
- Significant emission reductions for gaseous and particulate air emissions.
- Delivery of industry best practice safety control and work systems.
- ISO accreditation in quality, environmental and Health & Safety fields.
- System implementation for stores, work and procurement management.
- Successful establishment of international best practice O&M processes and procedures.