The Electricity and Water Authority (EWA) appointed ESB International to conduct the studies, design, tender evaluation, and supervision of the upgrade of the Integrated Control System (ICS) for Hidd 220 kV Bulk Supply Point substation.
- The Challenge
Design a robust system that is reliable and highly cost-effective. Assess existing legacy systems to propose the optimum solution whilst planning the ICS upgrade in phases that will minimise disruption to the operation.
- The Solution
Delivery of the refurbishment of Substation Telecontrol Gateways. Conducted via, feasibility studies, planning and management material, including detailed technical specifications and procurement procedures.
What we delivered
- Hot-Hot Gateways upgrade
- Upstream IEC104 Protocol
- Downstream IEC61850 Protocol
- Fibre cables and PRP network configuration
- Human Machine Interface
- SDH (WAN) telecommunication
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)
- Bay Control Units (BCUs)
- Cyber Security
- Reduced the total cost of ownership by diminishing maintenance costs.
- Boosted performance, reliability, and efficiency while reducing downtime.
What we do
We offer a comprehensive range of solutions for both public and private clients, right through the life cycle of their projects and the energy value chain.